3DISC announces new software update
HERNDON, Va., U.S.: Just last week, 3DISC announced the latest release of HeronClinic, including two main innovations to the Heron IOS scanning software: an all-new algorithm and a color-based validation tool. These new features provide a solution that is even easier to use, as well as reliable and accurate, elevating the scanning experience for dentists and patients alike.
“The new algorithm incorporated in HeronClinic 3.4 release demonstrates the commitment from 3DISC to deliver an intraoral scanning solution based on reliable and accurate scanning technology,” said Eamonn Boyle, software director at 3DISC. “This release also incorporates many new features and benefits,” he continued. The features and their benefits include the following:
- The auto-realignment tool brings greater accuracy and an enhanced scanning experience.
- The quality map enables the user to assess whether sufficient scan data has been collected.
- The Pre-Op scan option provides preoperative data for more accurate restoration work.
- Manual bite alignment hands complete control of the bite alignment process to users.
- An upgraded order form includes improved indication management and a 3D-printed model option.
“At 3DISC, we have developed a new algorithm, making the scanning experience more intuitive, fluid and accurate. The algorithm incorporates a quality map, a new color-based validation tool. This enables the dentist to control and validate scans before export. These new features will bring the Heron to the forefront of the market in terms of reliability and ease of use for all clinicians,” said Marie-Laure Pochon, president and CEO of 3DISC Dental Connect. “We will continue to make improvements to take digital beyond.”
HeronClinic 3.4 became available on Sept. 20. More information about the product can be found here.